Saturday 21 January 2012

Sharing ideas

Having performed all the tasks for week two and reflected on them in my previous post, I woke up today thinking I would like to share a video and a quotation that I completely agree with and that mirror  a bit the way I feel about teaching and teachers' roles nowadays.
The video is an animation created for an RSA talk given by Sir Ken Robinson. I always enjoy his talks and his insights into education.

The quotation is one, among many others, that I enjoyed reading and that I feel is true.


" I will predict this: there will still be a place for teachers, because teachers are irreplaceable. It's still true that any teacher who can be replaced by a computer - should be. No amount of technology, self-study or user generated content can ever replace teachers. They will still be there to motivate and inspire, and they will still be there as pedagogy experts to facilitate and support learning. What they may do less of is - teach. There will probably be less 'front of the classroom' activities and more drawing alongside learners in project work, small group activities, problem based learning and technology enhanced processes. Most importantly, teachers will need to work more in partnership with their students."
2020 teachers by Steve Wheeler

1 comment:

  1. In complete agreement, Luísa!!
    Teachers will become facilitators, guides, moderators, validators... those who will be along students in the fulfillment of their learning process. And those who do not, will probably widen their gap with ever evolving youth.

    ReplyDelete