Friday 13 January 2012

Week 1

Week 1 is almost over, so I feel it’s time to think and write a little bit about everything that has happened.

This is my first all-online course and, if I want to be truly honest, I must say that I am both thrilled and afraid. I think it will be a wonderful opportunity for us to learn from each other’s experiences, to share ideas and materials, to build knowledge and develop our problem-solving skills together. But I can’t avoid that awkward feeling that sometimes I jump into too many things at the same time and will have to multitask every second of the day to keep it all going.
It’s my first time using Nicenet, but I don’t envisage any problems there. I am used to working with the Moodle platform and I have already created a classroom in Edu 2.0, so I don’t suppose it will be much different.

Although I love technology, I have a confession to make: this is my second attempt at blogs. I created one, some time ago, but I never really felt committed to it. Maybe I was a bit lazy, maybe I didn’t believe I could reach so many people as I do using social networks. I use Facebook a lot with a wide group of teachers and also with my students,  and that is where I share most of the websites and tools I use, where I sometimes write my own reflections and where I often share my students’ work (with due permission, of course). And then there are the online platforms that I like to use when our Internet connection is good.
I see this new attempt as my real opportunity to create a blog that will not only add meaning to my teaching practice and to the work of our group but also one that may continue after this course ends.

One last thing: I am happy to be part of such a diverse group and to meet people from so many different parts of the world. I’m sure it will be most enriching and that it will make each one of us a different and better person.

In case you want to know more about me as a teacher, you'll find it on pages 16 and 17 of In English Digital. The link is here:

3 comments:

  1. Luisa, I agree, blogging can feel like a completely solitary activity. Very few people find the time to comment regularly and sometimes it feels like no one is reading what might have taken you hours to write. However, Jason Renshaw says blog posts are like boomerangs and no post ever goes to waste: http://jasonrenshaw.typepad.com/jason_renshaws_web_log/2010/08/boomerangs-no-blog-post-ever-really-goes-to-waste.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't expect to be in the same class as a celebrity teacher, Luisa :-) Thanks for sharing the In English Digital interview. Great one. I like it when you said "I'm proud of some people who fight to make learning great".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Luisa!

    It was really nice reading about you and your ideas. I really liked your favorites. I am a big fan of glogster, though I have to admit that I have had some issues a few times. In spite of this, I still like it!.

    I hope you can continue blogging your amazing experiences.

    Take care.

    Ariel Martínez S.

    ReplyDelete